AGENDAMorgantown, West Virginia
Sunday, March 24, 2013
5:00 P.M. Marriott Residence Inn, Conference room.
1. Approval of December 16-17, 2012, Board Minutes.
2. Complaint Committee disciplinary recommendations. (Executive Session: Complaint Committee to address).
3. Building Renovation Update (Bid Process) (Executive Session: No Handout).
Continue meeting on 3/25/13 at 8:00 a.m., at WVU School of Pharmacy, Room 1131 Conference Room.
Morgantown, West Virginia
Monday, March 25, 2013
8:00 A.M. WVU School of Pharmacy, Rm 1131Continued from 3/25/12
4. Consider Petition from Rite Aid for Declaratory Ruling and supporting proffer of evidence, seeking similar ruling as Kroger and Walgreen’s received concerning application of WV Code § 30-5-12b and generic substitution pricing language to cash transactions versus dispensings covered in whole or in part by insurance.
5. Request of Amy Crabtree to accept University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy Immunizations Training for pharmacist immunizations in lieu of APHA training.
6. Request of Dr. Clinton Sloan, DO, for Board to consider language in future rulemaking to state “ONLY IF NEEDED” on labeling rather than “prn” or “as needed”.
7. Request of applicant Steven Christopher Green for reciprocity for pharmacist license from Ohio, with prior discipline in Ohio to be considered.
8. Request of Medical Arts Pharmacy about the legality of using labeled multi-dose bubble packs and other containers for dispensing to ambulatory patients, with request for consideration of Rule 15-1-24 regarding use of specialized dispensing systems in health
institutions. Definition of “dispensing”, labeling requirements and other issues applying to the situation to be considered as well.
9. Request from Pharmacy Technician University to approve their Pharmacy Technician training course for use by any pharmacy to train their technician trainees.
10. Recommendations of the CPE Committee for changes to CPE rules in 15-3-1, et seq., for required continuing pharmacy education related to SB 437 (2012) for “drug diversion training and best practice prescribing of controlled substances training” and other clean-up.
11. Attendees and Delegate Selection at upcoming NABP Annual Meeting, May 18-21, 2013, St. Louis, MO.
12. Compounding for office use: permitted or disallowed in West Virginia?
13. Review of pending legislation of interest to the Board introduced during the Regular 2013 Legislative Session, including, but not limited to,
-HB 2577, the Pharmacy Practice Act;
-SB 11, changes to the controlled substances schedules (including whether hydrocodone in all forms and combinations should be a schedule II, or remain in Schedule III with or without further restrictions);
- SB 27, naloxone in emergency situations;
- HB 2729, epinephrine in emergency situations in schools, (SB 23 general use);
- SB 201, expedited partner therapy when encountering STD diagnoses;
- HB 2584, removing account sweeps language from Chapter 30, Article 1; and
- Board Rules and other legislation impacting directly on the practice of pharmacy or operation of the Board.
14. Any other business.
15. Schedule of next Board Meeting.