FDA is notifying consumers of certain products marketed for energy that have been found to contain hidden ingredients and might pose a significant health risk.
- BIG GUYS Male Energy Supplement contains hidden drug ingredient
- Mens Maximum Energy Supplement contains hidden drug ingredient
- Round 2 contains hidden drug ingredient
- Genergy contains hidden drug ingredient
- WeFun contains hidden drug ingredient
- X MAX Triple Shot Energy Honey contains hidden drug ingredient
Immediate public notifications are issued when FDA testing finds that a product contains active drug ingredients not listed on the product labels, possibly including ingredients found in prescription drugs. These products might cause potentially serious side effects and might interact with medications or dietary supplements a consumer is taking. Consumers should use caution when considering purchasing these types of products.
FDA's Health Fraud Product Database includes only a small fraction of the potentially dangerous products marketed to consumers online and in stores.
Consumers and health professionals are encouraged to report adverse events or side effects related to the use of these products to the FDA's MedWatch Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program.