Health Law Conference
*Pre-Conference Concurrent Sessions
$595 Individual | $645 after Apr 2
Beatty Bangle Strama P.C.
Brown & Fortunato, P.C.
Gray Reed & McGraw, P.C.
Husch Blackwell LLP
Jackson Walker L.L.P.
King & Spalding
Locke Lord LLP
Norton Rose Fulbright
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
Strasburger & Price, LLP
The conference provides practical and detailed coverage of the updates, key issues, strategies and opportunities facing members of the healthcare community, including:
- Wednesday evening Pre-Conference Concurrent Sessions—Health Law Fundamentals provides an introduction to health law; and In-House Counsel Issues (limited to in-house counsel only) facilitates active discussion and sharing among panelists and participants
- Healthcare Year-in-Review addresses important healthcare developments in the last year, including regulatory changes and policy initiatives
- Learn strategies for navigating through a healthcare breach investigation and how to report it
- Examine the complex and difficult pressures facing physicians in diverse environments and learn options to prepare your physician client for the future
- Look at the new age of False Claims Act enforcement and investigation, including lessons learned from landmark cases such as Tuomey, Bradford, Halifax, All Children’s and Citizens
- Impact of the Affordable Care Act on Texas discusses current news-making topics as well as other issues affecting healthcare providers and insurers
- Explore the ethical dilemmas most commonly encountered by health lawyers, both in transactions and operations
- Multiple networking opportunities including Thursday’s Table Topics Luncheon and the Thursday Evening Reception
Wednesday Evening, Apr. 9, 2014
Health Law Fundamentals
Edgar C. Morrison Jr., Jackson Walker L.L.P. - San Antonio, TX
In-House Counsel Issues
0.50 hr ethics
Panelist: Andy G. Navarro, Christus Health - Irving, TX
Panelist: Pamela D. Tyner, Houston Methodist - Houston, TX
Thursday Morning, Apr. 10, 2014Presiding Officer:
Yvonne K. Puig, Norton Rose Fulbright - Austin, TX
Sidney S. Welch, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP - Atlanta, GA
Matthew J. Reilly, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP - Washington, DC
Thursday Afternoon, Apr. 10, 2014Presiding Officer:
Gary W. Eiland, King & Spalding - Houston, TX
TOPIC A: What They Didn’t Teach You in Law School: Top 10 Tips for New Attorneys
TOPIC B: HIPAA: The Saga Continues
TOPIC C: Lightning Round: Tips and Trends in Operations
TOPIC D: What’s New in the Transactional World?
Paul Alan Castanon, Tenet Healthcare Corporation - Dallas, TX
0.25 hr ethics
Adam Robison, King & Spalding - Houston, TX
Kevin G. McAnaney, Law Office of Kevin McAnaney - Washington, DC
Friday Morning, Apr. 11, 2014Presiding Officer:
Mary M. Bearden, Brown & Fortunato, P.C. - Amarillo, TX
David G. Miller, RPh, International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists - Alexandria, VA
Panelist: Michelle Apodaca, Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP - Austin, TX
Panelist: Susan Feigin Harris, Baker & Hostetler LLP - Houston, TX
Panelist: Patricia McCandless, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - Austin, TX
Panelist: Michael P. Maslanka, Constangy, Brooks & Smith, LLP - Dallas, TX
Panelist: Thomas H. Watkins, Husch Blackwell LLP - Austin, TX
Legal Specialization(s): Health Law
Live Conferences: A Texas MCLE Reporting Form will be included in your course materials. Please complete and return to the registration desk and UT Law CLE will report credit on your behalf to the State Bar of Texas, or you can self-report your credit directly to the State Bar of Texas at texasbar.com. A Certificate of Attendance will be provided at the conference to keep for your records.
Webcasts: UT Law CLE will report credit to the State Bar of Texas on your behalf. If you are claiming credit in the last week of your birth month, self-report your credit directly to the State Bar of Texas at texasbar.com. A Certificate of Completion will be emailed to you upon claiming credit.
Webcasts: Self-report your CLE credit directly to the State Bar of California at calbar.ca.gov. Print and keep the Certificate of Completion for your records. A Certificate of Completion will be emailed to you upon claiming credit.
- Last day for Individual early registration: Apr 2, 2014
Add $50 for registrations received after this time
- Last day for cancellation (full refund): Apr 4, 2014
- Last day for cancellation (partial refund): Apr 7, 2014
$50 processing fee applied